Around 12% of households in London are currently experiencing fuel poverty which impacts greatly of the health and wellbeing of vulnerable adults, families and children.
The national charity Groundwork London has a free service called the Green Doctors where you can gain practical advice and help on reducing your energy bills, install energy saving devices and much more. The service is free and you are eligible for help from the Green Doctors, if;
- You have disabilities or long-term health conditions
- You are pregnant
- You have children under the age of 10 years
- You are on a low income (below £16,190.00)
- You are on benefits
- Your energy costs are more than 10% of your household’s income
- You have recently lost your job or income
Find out more about the Green Doctors and how they can help you by clicking on the following link, london.greendoctors.org.uk.
For more information on the other services Groundwork London provides, please visit the website.