We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume you're happy to receive all cookies on the SW9 Community Housing website.  However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.  You can find out more about cookies and changing the settings on our Cookies page.



Home contents insurance

While we insure the building you live in, it is your responsibility to insure your personal possessions. 

Why should I have home contents insurance?

While many people often hope that nothing will happen to their belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly.

In these cases, it is important that you have home contents insurance to cover any damage or loss caused by fire, theft, water damage, vandalism or floods to your household goods and contents.

Contents insurance can also cover the replacement of external locks if your keys are lost or stolen, and even the contents of your freezer.

My Home Contents scheme

Network Homes can help you obtain home contents insurance easily and at a price that is affordable. 

My Home’ is a special insurance scheme arranged and managed by Thistle Insurance Services Limited on behalf of the National Housing Federation and is available to all residents.

They provide insurance with affordable rates, no excesses, easy and flexible payment options and the choice of including extended accidental damage cover.

Protect your belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens you have cover.

For more information