There are two options available to you if you are an existing SW9 resident wishing to move. These are:
- Mutual Exchange - for those wishing to move to another SW9 property or away from the area.
- Internal Tenancy Transfer - for those wishing to move to another SW9 property.
A mutual exchange is where you ‘swap’ homes with another tenant, who can be a SW9 Community Housing tenant or a tenant of another housing association / local council.
Is mutual exchange for you?
Mutual exchange might be for you if you:
- Live in an overcrowded home
- Are under-occupying your home
- Want to move to a different area
You may not be given permission to exchange if you:
- Are in rent arrears
- Have legal action being taken against you
- Have a history of anti-social behaviour
How to find your new home
We are a member of Homeswapper and House Exchange, online services which match tenants to suitable properties. These services are free and you can find out more at:
You can search for properties based on location, minimum and maximum number of bedrooms, and rent. You can also filter your search based on type of tenancy, special provision, level of urgency and features.
You must enter information about your current home into the website. The more information you put, the more likely you will be successful. You need to include information such as:
- Type of property
- Special features
After you have found a home to exchange you must apply to us for permission. Once we receive this form we will process the application within 42 days. Both you and the tenant you are swapping with must complete a form. You can download the form below.
Your application may be rejected if you:
- Apply for a property that is too large or too small
- Apply for a property designed for someone with a disability and you do not need this facility
- Apply for a property that is part of a scheme such as older persons housing, and you don’t meet the conditions for the scheme.
Internal Tenancy Transfer
SW9 operates an internal tenancy transfer list for those that wish to move to another property on the estate. The forms below can be used to make this application.
All tenants wishing to transfer are subject to an assessment process. You must hold a tenancy for one year before you can be considered for a transfer. Applications for transfer will be reviewed every 12 months.