***We are aware that there are currently issues with the SW9 phone lines. As a result we will soon be installing a new dedicated repairs telephone line and hope to have these live in early December. We apologise for the inconvenience and would ask that, where possible, those with internet access raise enquiries via info@sw9.org.uk (housing) or repairs@sw9.org.uk (repairs)***  


Subletting your home if you're a homeowner

If you’re thinking about subletting your home, the first step is to check the terms of your lease agreement.

If your lease allows you to sublet

If your lease allows you to sublet then you will need to provide your Leasehold Officer with the following information.

  • Proof of address (for you and the new tenant).
  • Up to date contact details (for you and the new tenant).
  • A copy of the tenancy agreement between you and the new tenant.
  • A letter from your mortgage company giving you permission to let the property.
  • A valid CP12 gas safe certificate.

Please note: You will need to pay a fee to register your subletting arrangements.  

If your lease does not allow you to sublet

If your lease does not allow you to sublet then we will not be able to grant you permission.

If you sublet your property without our permission, we will have to take legal action against you for breach of your lease.

If you are a shared owner

In general, we do not allow shared owners to let out their homes.

This is because the shared ownership scheme aims to help people to buy a home that they can live in.

We will consider allowing you to rent out your home for short agreed periods of time. For example, if you have to work away from home for a year or less.

For more information, please contact your Leasehold Officer.