We will only carry out repairs to the structure and common areas of your building. You are responsible for all repairs inside your property.
Please read the detail set out in your lease as responsibilities can vary, especially for windows and doors.
Important: Before you carry out any significant or structural works, please contact us to see whether you need 'Landlord’s Consent'.
In general, it is your responsibility to:
- repair and maintain any pipework only serving your property
- repair and maintain sinks, baths, taps, wash hand basins, toilets and other internal plumbing
- replace light bulbs, ceiling roses, sockets and repair any internal wiring
- reglaze your windows and glass in your flat's entrance door
- repair your heating system and radiators (except properties that have a communal heating system)
- carry out works to your floors
- decorate your flat, including interior wooden framed windows
- repair flat doors, including locks and handles.
All works must meet the current Building Regulations.
We are responsible for repairing and maintaining:
- the structure of the building
- roofing and high level works (soffits, fascias, guttering, chimneys, etc.)
- drainage and chimney stacks
- external decoration
- internal communal areas (hallways and stairwells)
- communal entrance doors (including door entry systems)
- mechanical and electrical equipment (lifts, CCTV, communal TV aerial)
- communal windows (glass and frames)
- flat windows (frames only).
Please go to our repairs pages for more information about repairs.
To report a repair that is our responsibility:
- please report it online
- or phone 0207 326 3700.