As a SW9 Community Housing tenant, you are expected to take responsibility for putting right accidental or deliberate damage to your home.
You are responsible for:
- Internal decoration
- Minor repairs, including small plaster cracks, wall and floor tiles, door handles, locks, hinges, letterboxes, toilet seats, bath panels, basin and bath plugs and chains, and tap washers.
- Adding extra security, for example fitting mortice locks.
- Replacing broken windows, except where we were responsible for the breakage or you have a police crime number.
- Glazing repairs to internal doors and cupboards
- Maintaining gardens, including fencing.
- Clearing blocked sinks, toilets and baths where the blockage is in the property or was caused by your own misuse or lack of care.
- Infestations of insects or mice.
- Replacing light bulbs, fluorescent tubes, electrical plugs, fuses and batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Replacing keys and locks when you lose the keys or members of your household are locked out.
- Fitting waste and supply pipes for washing machines and dishwashers and vents for tumble driers (except where we have fitted the items).
- Repairing any damage that you, a member of your household or a visitor caused.
- Repairing fixtures, fittings and equipment not provided by us.
We are responsible for:
- Keeping the structure of your home in a good state of repair.
- The roof, walls, windows, doors and doorframes, floors, ceilings and plasterwork, skirting boards, drains and gutters.
- The installations for the water, gas and electricity supply to your home.
- The maintenance of heating systems.
- The maintenance of walls and fences at the boundary of the property (but not dividing walls), as well as pathways, steps and other means of access to the property.
- Maintaining and decorating common halls and stairways.
- Making good any plaster work or damaged decorations that have resulted from our error.
Please see your tenancy agreement for more details about who is responsible for the repairs in your home.