Sunday 31 May 2020
STAY ALERT. CONTROL THE VIRUS. SAVE LIVES
We want to reassure you that we’re doing everything we can to keep our services running as smoothly as possible. We’re following the government, Public Health England and NHS advice which you can find on the NHS website. We are keeping the situation under review and are in regular contact with the SW9 Board and Network Homes Leadership Team. We will continue to work closely with them as we navigate our way through the challenging times ahead.
SW9 is a community. It is at times such as these that we need to do our best for ourselves, our families and each other. Please keep up to date with the latest government advice, follow the guidance around staying at home and social distancing, and support your neighbours where possible, especially those that are elderly.
For a detailed service by service list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about SW9's response to Coronavirus, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Service update letter - Julie Alexander, SW9 Head of Operations, is writing to all residents with an update on SW9's service response to Coronavirus. You can read the letter now on our Publications page.
- Wise About Food online workshops - We are now offering our planned healthy eating workshops remotely via Zoom. Find out more about how to sign up here.
- Neighbourhood Letter - Our Neighbourhood Team has written an open letter to all residents reminding everyone to respect the quiet enjoyment of their home plus other important matters. The letter can be found on our Publications page.
- Beware scams - Across the country there has been an increase in suspicious volunteers targeting vulnerable/older people. For more information visit this news story.
- Emergency repairs only - SW9 are reminding residents that we are still only undertaking emergency repairs. More information can be found in this news story.
- Duck Pond Closed - In the past week we have received reports of residents breaking into the Wynter House Duck Pond area. Please note that this space is closed to the public. More information can be found in our news story.
- Universal Credit - Important Announcement - The SW9 Income Team have released an important update about UC payments. You can read this here.
- Videos - We have created a series of videos detailing our service response to Coronavirus. You can watch these via our news story or using the playlist on the SW9 Youtube channel.
- Food Vouchers - SW9 can now arrange Food Bank Vouchers online for residents. Please see this news story to find out how we can do this for you.
- Lockdown Lives - in an ongoing series of interviews we are asking staff and residents how their lives have changed since lockdown. You can read an interview with Lana Hunte, SW9 Supported Housing Team Leader, Lan Chuong, SW9 Interim Income Team Leader and Marcia Scott, SW9 Volunteer, on our news pages.
- SW9 Spring Newsletter - The SW9 Spring Newsletter is now available online and should land on your doorstep during the next seven days. You can read it now on our Publications page.
- Wise About Food Video Channel - Sarah Scotland from our partner Wise About Food has released a number of videos showing you how to make nutritious meals from very little. They can be viewed here.
- Support for the extremely vulnerable - You can apply for government support if you're classed as 'clinically extremely vulnerable'. Visit the Government website here.
- Domestic abuse support - Lambeth Council has released a range of support for those suffering from domestic abuse. More information can be found on the website.
- Support with Universal Credit - SW9 can help those that have had their income affected and are considering Universal Credit. Please see our website news story.
- Signposting information - SW9 has released signposting information that may be useful to some residents during this difficult time. It can be found on our Publications page.
- SW9 support survey - SW9 is conducting a survey of residents to try and identify those who need our support. You can fill this out now by clicking this link to complete the form.
- Healthy eating guide - Sarah Scotland from Wise About Food has created a guide to healthy eating especially to help those living on essentials. It can be found on our Publications page.
- FAQs are live - At SW9 there are a number of questions that come up so regularly that we have created a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to help you resolve issues outside of working hours.
- Urgent support available - Lambeth Council has released a wealth of information for those that are vulnerable and require urgent support.
- SW9 support for the elderly and vulnerable - If you are unable to leave your home and need support, you are not alone. SW9 can help. More information can be found in this news story.
- Letter to residents - Delroy Rankin, Executive Director of SW9, has written to all residents. His letter can be found on our Publications page.
SW9 Coronavirus service response Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)