Many of our residents, including shared owners and leaseholders, have lost their job or found their income reduced as a result of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
SW9 has help, advice and support available for those that have been impacted.
If you are thinking of applying for Universal Credit, the SW9 Income Team can give you more information:
- Telephone: 0207 326 3700
- Email: Rents@sw9.org.uk
I’m self-employed and my business has been affected
If your business and income have been affected, you can:
- Apply for the Government's Self-employment Income Support Scheme.
- Apply for Universal Credit (UC). This is useful if you’re not eligible for the Self-employment Support Scheme or need extra help with rent payments / accessing other benefits
- Get support with a whole range of issues (including debt, energy bills, grants and UC) through Citizen’s Advice.
I’m struggling to pay bills other than rent
If you’re having trouble paying bills you:
- May be entitled to Universal Credit (UC).
- May be able to claim an advance against your first Universal Credit payment which will be recovered from future payments. You can find more information on this at the Government website.
- Can get support with a whole range of issues (including debt, energy bills, grants and UC) through Citizen’s Advice.