SW9 Community Housing is looking for two tenant and three leaseholders to join our Board. We want our Board Members to help us achieve homes and neighbourhoods we can be proud of and support the values that underpin our daily activities. We expect our Board Members to further the wellbeing of our organisation, residents and the wider community in which we operate.
About SW9 Community Housing:
We are a newly-formed resident-led housing management organisation, managing day-to-day housing services on behalf of the landlord, Network Homes. Based in one of London’s most vibrant and diverse boroughs to live and work, SW9 Community Housing has approximately 1,500 properties, a turnover of £7.5m and a substantial regeneration and development programme.
Our mission is to work in partnership with our local people and provide effective and sustainable housing services, enabling our community to flourish. We put the residents at the heart of our organisation; they are the reason we do what we do and we want like-minded visionaries to join us on this journey.
Knowledge and Experience:
Candidates should have knowledge and/or experience, either professional or personal of at least two of the following:
- The SW9 Community
- Repairs & Maintenance
- Customer Services
- Social Housing
- Housing Development
- Tenants/Leaseholder Issues
- Staff Management & Recruitment
- Performance Management
- Contract Management
- Communications – especially digital
- Community Development
- TMO Management
- Previous experience of serving on a Board or Committee (Desirable)
We are looking for individuals with the following skills:
- Team working – you must be able to work positively as a member of a diverse team. You will face sensitive and challenging issues and need to accept differing views and be ready to compromise if required.
- Self management – you need to be enthusiastic and committed to all your responsibilities.
- Decision making – you must have the ability to weigh up issues to make balanced and reasonable judgements and decisions.
- Analysis and challenge – you need to have the skills to analyse, question and constructively challenge issues.
- Communication – you will be an effective communicator with residents, our staff and other Board Members.
Although our Board Member positions are voluntary roles, you will get a lot back. You can help achieve change and have a positive impact on people’s lives.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please submit a completed application form along with your CV to Lily.Goodwin@sw9.org.uk.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 3 January 2017.