- Ref Number: PSM/1021
- Type: Full-time / Permanent
- Salary: up to £52,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus benefits
- Location: Stockwell, London
- Closing Date: Monday, 8th November 2021, 23:59
- Shortlisting: Tuesday 16th November 2021
- Interviews: Friday 19th November 2021
About SW9 Community Housing
SW9 Community Housing is a resident-led social housing charity responsible for the delivery of housing management and maintenance services for around 1,800 homes and several commercial and community buildings in Stockwell/Brixton on behalf of a G15 Housing Association, Network Homes. Being a community-based organisation, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Property Services Manager, with a focus on service delivery and a people-centre approach. With a turnover of £9.3m, and rising, and in excess of £150million of inward investment provided by Network Homes over the last 10 years we have ambitious plans for the future, and we want a like-minded visionary to join us on this journey.
About the role:
The role is a pivotal role within SW9 Community Housing and has 5 key parts: repairs and maintenance (all properties within portfolio and void property refurbishment), statutory and regulatory requirements (H&S, M&E, gas servicing), budgetary control (preparing budgets, monitoring expenditure, cost efficient solutions), contract management and in-house estate cleaning provision, and communicating with key stakeholders (chairing meetings and writing letters/reports).
Additionally, the role holder will be involved in ensuring that the day to day operational management delivered by the Repairs and Estate Services team is in line with KPI’s and ensuring that the asset management and property management interface is integrated and aligned at all times, deliver outstanding service to our residents.
- Solid background in repairs and maintenance services working at senior management level.
- Strong experience of asset management, budget management, financial control and delivering cost-efficiency.
- Knowledge of statutory, regulatory, and good practice requirements.
- Familiar with using a property management system (Northgate desirable).
- Detailed working knowledge of building management, systems maintenance, and repair management.
- Experience working with residents, senior management teams and boards.
- An excellent communicator and a great understanding of customer relationship management.
- Degree educated or relevant professional qualification is desirable. Candidates will be considered if they are non-qualified but have relevant training/experience commensurate to the role.
Who we are:
- A group of people who demonstrate integrity, respect, and teamwork
- A group of people with passion, drive, and the courage to be different
- A group of people committed to doing the right thing.
Our values define who we are. They are the fundamental beliefs of our social purpose. They guide our actions and behaviour. They influence the way we work as a team – and the way we serve our customers and engage with our stakeholders.
Every day, each one of us makes choices and decisions that directly affect the way we experience each other and the way our customers and stakeholders experience us. Our values give us confidence that we are using the same principles to help us make these decisions throughout our organisation.
SW9 works hard to acknowledge and celebrate individuals and teams within our organisation who consistently live our values and bring our purpose to life through their everyday behaviour, which in turn has a positive impact on our customers, community and stakeholders.
We want people who are energetic, flexible, passionate, forward thinking/innovative and creative. If you think you are the best person to help us create an even better service for our stakeholders, we want to hear from you.
When you work at SW9, you are directly impacting on the lives of our residents. In return for your energy, innovation, and commitment, we offer:
- competitive salary
- a defined contribution Pensions Scheme (employer match up to 10%)
- 5 x annual salary life assurance cover
- competitive annual leave entitlement
- Interest-free loans (including season ticket loan, Cycle-to-Work scheme, rent deposit loan)
- employee assistance programme
- excellent learning & development opportunities
- staff discount scheme
- a modern office and facilities
How to Apply
Please read the Role Profile for full details of the role and apply by sending your updated CV, together with a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the person specification. You should return your application to recruitment@SW9.org.uk, ensuring you quote the Reference Number and Job Title. Please ensure you read the Guidance Notes for candidates prior to submitting your application.
Additional Recruitment Information
We do value every application we receive. However, due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to acknowledge each application. We will only reply to those who have been shortlisted for interview. If you have not received a reply within two weeks of the closing date, regrettably your application was unsuccessful.
If you want to find out more about us at SW9 you can do so on our 'About us' page.