- Reference Number: Ref No. BSA/1020
- Contract: Full-time/ Permanent
- DBS: up to £26,750
- Location: Stockwell
- Closing Date: Sunday 1st November 2020 23:59
- Shortlisting: week commencing 9th November 2020
- Interviews: Friday 20th November 2020
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Business Support Assistant. This permanent full-time role will provide high quality administrative support to the business support Team. You will also be responsible for all aspects of office maintenance to ensure processes and equipment work efficiently and correctly.
The key skills, experience and knowledge you will possess are:
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role. Experience gained in social housing is a plus.
- Flexible and approachable. Able to work as part of a team as well as use your own initiative
- Experience in operating and maintaining efficient office and filing systems.
- Willingness and adaptability to assist with Company Secretariat tasks.
- A high standard of written skills.
- IT literate and able to demonstrate solid experience using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- A customer-focused approach and a genuine desire to achieve excellence in all areas of responsibility.
- Experience in creating and planning events.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
About SW9 Community Housing
SW9 Community Housing is a charity responsible for the management and maintenance services for around 1,800 residential, commercial and community facilities in Stockwell/Brixton on behalf of a G15 Housing Association, Network Homes. As a resident-led organisation, we are seeking to recruit a Business Support Assistant. With a turnover of £7.7m, and rising, we have ambitious plans. In excess of £120milllion of inward investment over the last 10 years, we aim to build a bright future for our residents. They are the reason we do what we do, and we want a like-minded visionary to join us on this journey.
Who we are:
- A group of people who demonstrate integrity, respect, and teamwork
- A group of people with passion, drive, and the courage to be different
- A group of people committed to doing the right thing.
Our values define who we are. They are the fundamental beliefs of our social purpose. They guide our actions and behaviour. They influence the way we work as a team – and the way we serve our customers and engage with our stakeholders.
Every day, each one of us makes choices and decisions that directly affect the way we experience each other and the way our customers and stakeholders experience us. Our values give us confidence that we are using the same principles to help us make these decisions throughout our organisation.
SW9 works hard to acknowledge and celebrate individuals and teams within our organisation who consistently live our values and bring our purpose to life through their everyday behaviour, which in turn has a positive impact on our customers, community and stakeholders.
We want people who are energetic, flexible, passionate, forward thinking/innovate and creative. If you think you are the best person to help us create an even better service for our stakeholders, we want to hear from you.
When you work at SW9, you are directly impacting on the lives of our residents. In return for your energy, innovation and commitment, we offer:
- competitive pay rates
- a defined contribution Pensions Scheme (including life cover)
- competitive annual leave entitlement
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- employee assistance programme
- excellent learning & development opportunities
- staff discount scheme
- a modern office and facilities
How to Apply:
Please read the Role Profile for full details of the role and apply by sending your updated CV, together with a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the person specification. You should return your application to recruitment@SW9.org.uk, ensuring you quote the Reference Number and Job Title.
Additional Recruitment Information:
Please ensure you read the Guidance Notes for candidates prior to submitting your application.
We do value every application we receive. However, due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to acknowledge each application. We will only reply to those who have been shortlisted for interview. If you have not received a reply within two weeks of the closing date, regrettably your application was unsuccessful.
If you want to find out more about us at SW9 you can do so on the 'About us' section of our website.